Wednesday, January 29, 2020
La Grande Drives!
ODOT Approved Driver Education Course
Session: Spring 2020
- Classroom Instruction
- March 4, 11, 18, April 1, 8, 15, 22, 29, May 6, 13, (20 Make-up only)
- 3 hours per class (6:00pm to 9:00pm)
- Behind the Wheel drive/observation times will be scheduled at the first class with parent/guardian
- ODOT Requires: 6 hours driving AND 6 hours observing with ODOT Certified Instructor
- La Grande High School, Audio Visual Auditorium, 708 K Ave, La Grande OR, 97850
- Enter building at 2nd and K entrance only
- Student must have a valid Oregon Driver’s permit
- Mandatory parent orientation March 4th from 6:00pm-7:00pm
- Students are only allowed to miss one class.
- Students must attend all scheduled drives/observations
- $250 fee paid by cash, debit, or credit card. No checks. (Fee must be paid in full at first session)
- $460 fee for student with driver’s license or 18 or older. (Students in these situations do not qualify for ODOT scholarship of $210)
- No refunds once student attend 2nd class.
- Discount for students on Free/Reduced lunch of $75 but participants must bring Free/Reduced Lunch Notification Letter from your student’s district as proof of status to first class to receive a discount. Failure to bring letter to first session will result in $250 fee for the program.
- Registration is open from February 3 - 21, 2020
- Maximum enrollment is 30 students for each class. If there is a high demand a second class may be offered.
- Enrollment is based on time stamp on application.
- Students who are not accepted will be placed on the waiting list for the next available session and notified by La Grande Drives Coordinator.
- Registration Form: Available online at lagrandesd.org, parents, La Grande Drives Education Form https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfx68H4PnuIh6Wpl9229cdNlPD3NSbwvPN3vqVKu1F-6CcxsQ/viewform
- Successful completion reduces supervised driving time with parent/guardian by 50 hours for license.
- Successful completion means you WILL NOT be required to take the Oregon DMV driver test to get your license.
- Teens who complete an approved driver’s education course save about 15% annually on their car insurance.
- For more information and benefits go to www.whydrivewithed.com.